Top Links

Life as a School Psychologist

Did you know that you can't actually multi-task? Psychologic research proves that only one cognitive action can be done at one tim. We fool ourselves in thinking that we can multi-task well. Psychologists research, analyze, and develop different concepts of our actions, thoughts, and activities. People unconsciously use their brain and its the job of the psychologist to interpret that.

In high school, I struggle with different types of problems. Sometimes the problems are mental, spiritual, or physical. When I can't handle my own problems, I look to our school guidance counselor for help. I ask him for what I should do, how I should prevent/fix it, and what I should do next. I am taken step by step to understand my problem.

School psychologists directly help teenagers. There are different types of teens all over the world. There are so many aspects of psychology that are used to benefit students. It is the job of the school psychologist to help, guide, and benefit the student as much as possible. According to research at the University of Minnesota, it is proven that the "rosiest high school years" are the start of adolescent stress and depression. School psychologists need to aid students to complete four years of high school with minimum stress and depression.

3 comments:

  1. I think that through your job, you can really help high school students go through school and life. I think that your job can be very rewarding because you can see improvement in someone's life and know that you contributed a part in their well-being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! I agree that school psychologists help the students get through many problems they face during their school lives, especially during "the start of adolescent stress and depression", as you mentioned in your article. Because most of the high school students these days live through a huge amount stress from school, I think as a school psychologist, you will be able to make a difference in their lives by supporting and providing them with helpful advices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wows I liked this article because it was so JANIE :D If our school had a psychology club, you'd be the leader of it Janis! I am proud to call you my aquimos and I hope we can collaborate your brainyness with my drama powers to create the most fantastic dramatic psychologic company in the whole world and be a positive influence on many others. (Yes Janie I know you already have 2 comments but I thought you could use a performer on top of a lawyer + doctor)

    ReplyDelete